Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Transfers

From Elder Paul Freeman, dated June 11, 2008

Dear Mom,

Gmail acted up today, so I revert to my back up. Hopefully you get it anyway.

So, believe it or not I've been transferred out of the Samoan Wards. It's been a pretty big change. I haven't been in a new area for over seven months and I've been used to being able to travel pretty much anywhere in the mission. But, fortunately they stuck me someplace I never been before, Ontario. My new companion's name is Elder Goodwin and he's from San Antonio. He's already been here a transfer and knows the area pretty well.

Being in a palangi ward is a lot different from being in a Samoan Ward. For one it's a lot harder to impress the palangis. All I had to do with the Samoans is chat it up a little in Samoan and they're amazed. Samoans are generally a lot more relaxed and I'm used to the culture. I know I should be used to palangi culture, but its funny how almost foreign it seems. Another funny thing, we have dinner tonight with the Freeman family. I have no idea who they are, but it sure was weird hearing my companion calling up our dinner appointment and asking for Sister Freeman. They'll get a kick out of it I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to at least two transfers here and rumor has it that they'll send me back for my last transfer. I really am excited for this last stretch. I guess President Sanchez talked to Salt Lake and they're working on getting my release date fixed, so I'll keep you updated on everything.

Thanks again Mom for all the wonderful things you do.

Love,

Elder
Freeman