Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gospel Foundation & Carissa

From Elder Andrey Pearce May 05, 08


Dear Family,

All is well over here. I feel a lot better. I hope that none of you are worried about me. I have come to realize to trust my Father in Heaven. He has always guided me in my life. The thing that helped me the most about Carissa is talking to my Heavenly Father about it. As always He reassures my heart that all is well.

I would like to start out with something I have come to realize in the 8 months I have been on my mission. I have to realize what I needed in life is the foundation of the gospel. In my life I have studied the gospel but not until I came out here did I start to realize what I was most missing is the foundation.
Once you have the foundation you start to put everything together,. Then you start seeing that foundation in the scriptures, in the prophets and apostles lives and you are reassured

that this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It helps me realize what this world really is and what I really need to do. I am so glad to be sharing this gospel with my brothers and sisters. The Lord has blessed my alot in the knowledge of the gospel. I can’t wait for the rest of my two years.

The work is just rolling along great. We have been working with the bishop and his counselor getting a relationship of trust so that we can work with him. They have been really great. The excitement to work here is picking up. We had a dad and his son get baptized. The dad also received the priesthood and a calling to bless the sacrament. His name is Fransisco and he is 42 years old. He has a special spirit. We could feel the spirit strong with him and the desire to change life and realize that this is the Church of Jesus Christ.

My companion has two weeks left on his mission so I am keeping the two of us working. I am so blessed that the Lord saw fit for me to serve here. I am so blessed in all that he guides me and helps me. There are days that I can feel his love around me. Like there is an army of angels walking with me. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. I have had a reassurance of that throughout my life. I know that I am a son of God and my potential is great.

I love you all. Hope and pray that all is well at home. May we never forget our Final Destination of Exaltation.

Love,
Elder Pearce