Wednesday, June 18, 2008

In Samoan we say "Faalavelave"

From Elder Paul Freeman, dated April 30, 2008 [four days prior to his brother's wedding]

Dear Mom,

Thanks for the letters and pictures. Everything is going well. I really don't know how crazy everything will be for you over the weekend. I can only imagine you running around trying to make everyone as comfortable and happy as possible. You really are a champ. I do regret not being able to be there. I'm certain Adam has his hands full as it is, and Dallas isn't going to be of any help, so I am sorry I cannot be there. Just hold out for the next week and everything should be downhill from there. I also hope you and Dad find all the happiness to make it worth while.

Mothers' Day is coming up in a couple of weeks and you can get me the real scoop on how it all went down. Send the family my love.

Love,

Elder
Freeman
p.s. "Faalavelave" means a big interruption of daily life that lasts for days, like weddings and funerals.