Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Gate

From Elder Paul Freeman, dated June 4, 2008

Dear Mom,

It truly was a week to remember. We spent most of the week preparing the family for baptism. It was straight up crazy. We had to pretty much pull everything together last minute. But it all worked out and many prayers have been answered.

The service was packed. We didn't expect so many people. Some people had to sit out in the hall. I had forgotten how nerve-wracking baptisms can be, and by the end of it I was pretty spent. All the stress had got to me and I was somewhat disappointed when we went home that night. But the next day at Sacrament Meeting we got to confirm them. After that I was flying pretty high. I knew what the family did was right and everything had worked out.

We had been through quite a bit with this family. It'll be the last thing I forget about my mission. There were times where we were struggling pretty bad trying to figure what they need and what would help them the most. There were other times when the Spirit was strong as ever. Now, they are the newest members of the ward and have the greatest potential. I want to come back in a year and see how they turned out.

The Gospel is designed to bring us closer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior. It is also designed to bring us closer to one another. The more people realize that, the more zealous they will be about being obedient to the laws and ordinances of the gospel. I'm more grateful than ever to know this. I can look back and see what wonderful things it has done for our family and I truly can testify to other with greater power.

Thank you mom for everything that you do. I really wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for you and Dad.

Love,

Elder
Freeman