Friday, June 20, 2008

Teaching Families

From Elder Andrey Pearce June 16, 2008

Well, well, well,

The mission work goes on this week. We had some bumps in the road. The best part of the mission is that you find how to make the best of everything and keep loving the people that you work with.

This Sunday the Juarez family didn’t go to church but we stopped by with 4 members and sang them a hymn.

Oh, we also found another family this week. As we entered their house we could feel the spirit and what an amazing family they are. As we passed by we saw this family sitting there watching TV. We turned around and went back. We entered and taught them with the spirit what a family is.

They couldn’t understand why we were there and what made us want to teach them. I know they felt the spirit and that they will progress.

The ones that I told you about who prayed and we came to the door, they went to church this week and loved it. We will be inviting them to have a goal of baptism.

This week we went down to Managua to play soccer. We had the opportunity to play with the president.

Happy Father’s Day!!! I love you Dad. I am glad to have such a father who is an example to me in all things. I couldn’t have prayed to have a better dad. I have learned so much from you. Love and miss you. The memories that I have are always doing activities with you. The time, the love that you spent on me. I am the most grateful for every second that you sacrificed for me. Love you Dad!