Thursday, June 19, 2008

Praying for God's Servants

From Elder Andy Pearce June 9, 08


Dear Family,

Well, I won’t write much, I don’t feel too great. I have a cold or something.

This week was amazing! I know that for our efforts we were blessed. Hermana Aurora Bautizo and Fransisco received the Melchizedic priesthood. He also got to baptize Aurora. She is excited and wants to be Mormon. Hahah! She took a friend to church that has talked to missionaries before but never progressed and is now ready to progress. We are also starting to work with Aurora and Fransisco’s other kids, Alex and his sister.

This week many mercies happened. The Juarez family went to church, got to know the bishop, so they are progressing well. We found a grandma with her daughter that has a daughter. They have been talking to missionaries in Costa Rica for awhile and also didn’t progress. We went back on Sunday to invite them and she told me that the moment we showed up she was praying to know what church is true and to send her servants. That moment we knocked on the door so she has a testimony of this church.

This ward is lighting fire with the missionary work. I hope that I have at least three more months here. We are working with 6 families. We have been guided to lots of people that have talked to missionaries before, went to church, but just didn’t progress after that. We will be working really hard.

I have been feeling a little weak for a couple of weeks so I hope I will get better health. I love you all and hope you can understand my English and my excitement for this work as it picks up.

Elder Pearce