Friday, June 20, 2008

Training a New Companion

From Elder Andrey Pearce May 27, 2008


I can’t believe how much is going on at home. I will miss Gramma a lot. I know I will be seeing her one day. I never thought so much would change while I am on my mission. I hope all is well at home. I will be praying for the family.

Well, this last week I got my greenie companion. I will be training him. I am so excited to be training. His name is Elder Ramirez. He is from Panama. He is a really good missionary, ready to go and learn everything.

I have been having fun finding my way around the city of Leon. My Heavenly Father just keeps on blessing me. There are days I can feel the Spirit so strong. I know He is guiding me. I am excited to see miracles in Nicaragua.

We have three main families we are working with. One we found this week and they’re really positive. They are the Juarez family. I know that we were guided to them.

We have been working with a man who’s name is Roberto. He stopped progressing. We went back to find him and found the family. They’re all excited to go to church. The mom and all the kids.

Oh, I heard an update from the Martinez family. The dad holds the priesthood and he has the responsibility of blessing the sacrament and they assist each Sunday. I am so happy to hear that they’re doing so well.

Well, the work goes on. I have come to realize it’s the work of God and we are here. I am excited to learn new things and watching the miracles of God come into this work. I love this work with all my heart.

Elder Pearce