Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Perils of Pampering

From Elder Paul Freeman, dated November 28, 2007

Dear Mom,

It's been a really good week. We haven't been able to teach as much, because they're making us scrub down the old apartment. It's seems like every other day the APs are calling us with more stuff we're supposed to do. The new apartment is pretty cool. We share it with two other Elders and they're pretty cool. Today is one of their birthdays and we're going to have a party. Thanksgiving was the best. Brother D--- fried the turkeys and Sister D--- made crab, shrimp, and salmon along with breadfruit. It was pretty amazing. They had the Samoan equivalent of a Turkey Bowl which means playing every other sport but football; volleyball, basketball, and rugby. It also lasted from 7 in the morning until probably 8 at night.

Sorry I haven't gotten those pictures to you yet. The computers here don't want to cooperate. And i wish I could put more into this letter but yesterday I started getting sick and it hasn't gotten any better. I think it's from eating to much. I've got a cold or flu or something coming on, but I'm convinced I'd be a lot healthier if I ate better. They feed us a lot over here to, but the difference is were in a car all day and my pants are getting tight. I'm making an effort to exercise and eat healthier. Thing's will be turned around by next week and I'll have more exciting stuff to write about.

Thanks for all your letters and support. The emails are all great and I really enjoy reading them. More pictures would be cool too, and when you send them if you could shrink em down a bit it will be easier to load and the screen won't be filled with A---'s nose. Until next time.

Love,

Elder Freeman