Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ready for Finest Hour

From Elder Andrushka Dated October 24, 2007

Dear Mom & Dad and Family,

Well it’s my last day in America. I have loved the MTC. I am so exited to go out and preach and teach the people about our Savior. My testimony has grown a lot just in the little time I have been here. I can’t believe it has been 2 months now.

Not much happened this week. We said lots of goodbyes to our district. Half of us in the district were going to Chili and they left 2 days before.

Oh, I got an email that I only want my family to write to me on. No friends.

It sounds like everything is going well at home. Did Nick move into his home? Does he have an address? Mom, I also need email addresses of Eric and Leanne if you wouldn’t mind it.

Well the journey begins tomorrow at 5 a.m. I am super excited and at the same time nervous. My Spanish is OK. I can understand grammar a lot but not too many words. I can teach the first lesson and the second.

I had a Spanish moment the other day. I was studying my English scriptures and I was writing things in the margins. I looked at them and they were Spanish words.

Well I love every second here. I love how much each day you grow and learn. I love my Savior. He is the foundation of my life. D&C 31:3

The time has come to go out and preach. My fav quote, well one of them given in a fireside, “To every man there comes in his life time that special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a special thing unique to him and fitted to his talent. What a tragedy if that moment finds him unprepared or unqualified for the work which would be his finest hour.” Winston Churchhill

I am ready for my finest hour. Armed with the Holy Ghost and a testimony of my Savior. To go out and change peoples lives. Building them a better foundation.

Andy Pearce