Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Baptism's delayed

From Elder Andrushka Dated November 26, 2007

It has been a really emotional week. It all started out with Jose Gonzales changing his baptizm date and Elga said she didn't want to be baptized. All this is not easy on your heart. You come to love this people with all your heart. You want them to have the same vision in life that you have. Well to sum up this week, we taught many lessons. We restored the desire for Elga to be baptized Dec 1. I hope all goes well. Jose Gonzales also changed his date to Dec 1. So this week should be good.

My Spanish is really coming along nicely. Not as fast as I wish but I am very thankful for how fast I am picking it up. In trying weeks like this you come to learn a lot. Your faith gets tested and gets stronger and stronger. You start thinking about really how many blessings you have in your life. I am truly greatful for my family for the opportunity I have to live in Utah. To have the foundation that I have to be taught of such goodly parents.

This week we had a conference with President Fratz and he changed many things and set many new goals. The new goal is to baptize 1000 (is this a typo or do they really expect to baptize 1000 people?) people this month. It has come to change a lot of things and not easy. I have faith that this work is Gods work. He is looking over his people right now and carrying out the work. (This computer is realy slow so I am having a really hard time writing this letter. I will type a letter and a minute later I will see it.)

I am so grateful for all the hard times I have had in my life. I have come to realize it has formed me into more of a person I want to be. Many times in life we don't see or understand the wisdom of our Father in Heaven, that he really knows what we need. What kind of trials we need to go through shaping us into a master piece. As always I have so much to learn but what an opportunity I have right now. I love every moment of being here.

Thank you so much for all that wrote and emailed to me. I miss and love all of you. I had a really weird experience the other day. I was so caught up in thinking of the investigators I totally forgot that I was turning 20 years old in two weeks. That it was almost December.