Monday, February 9, 2009

Fwd: 2.9.09

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Courtright
Date: Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Subject: 2.9.09



Well, in mission news this week, there was in E.T. in my district. That's emergency transfer for those not well versed in the lingo. One of the Elders in my district got sent home because he has been vomitting and has had diarrehea for the last 3 weeks. So his companion is now with us. That makes 3 of us. Elder Walker, Elder Paull, and myslef. The first 2 days were hard making the ajustment. But everything is smooth now.

We had a baptism on saturday for Jessica Kear. It was awesome. While she was getting changed, Elder Paull and I taught an amazing lesson. It was the Restoration, but it was probably the best i have ever heard myself do. The Bishop of the ward (who is not my friend) decided he thought he could tell us, the missionaries, what to do for a convert baptism. I wasnt having none of those games. You might think to yourself, "oh crap, he ran his mouth." I didnt. I did tell him nicely though that baptisms were our show and that it was all our decisions. He wanted to make petty things a big deal. Hommie dont play that yo.

On sunday, i was able to confirm Jessica a member of the church. that was an awesome experience for me. Definately intimidating cause there were like 10 people in the circle, one of those was the stake pres. Not what i wanted for my first time.

Things have been going really well for us. Since there are 3 of us, we are covering 2 wards which is double the work load. we are constantly busy. Hope everything is going well. Someone tell Chris i say hi, and he better hit me up with an email and pictures, and remember my birthday is on the 2nd of March! Thats the big 2-0!

Be good

Elder Courtright




--
Penny Freeman
Gratitude is the essence of joy.