Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'll Be Home for Christmas

From Elder Paul Freeman, dated October 1, 2008

Dear Mom,

I appreciate your email very much. I'm glad the power is back on and you and Dad can get back to regular every day living. And, these pictures are amazing. The new Park has a volley ball net?! That is terribly exciting. Ever since I got transferred out of the Samoan ward I haven't played volleyball.

Oh, as far as jury duty goes, I might as well stick to that date and get it over with. I'm not sure if you read about it in my last letter, but I checked my application status online a couple weeks ago and it said I had been denied to BYU Provo. I'm not really sure where to go from there, but going to school in Idaho doesn't sound all that appealing. I check out both the University of Texas and Sam Houston University, but still I'm not convinced one way or the other. I've got the idea that I can start out like Adam did in community college and see where it takes me from there. Especially because I really don't know what career I want. I know I've got plenty of time to figure it all out and only two months at home doesn't sound nearly enough to get grounded before heading out to school. I'll leave it at that for now.

I always say there is plenty of time to think about those things on the plane ride home.

We've spent the last week here in Upland, searching for new investigators. At times it feels like we're not doing as well as we should be. That just means I need to step back and remember that this is the Lord's work. All I have to do is make sure I'm focused on doing it His way. Whenever, I try to take over to do it my way it hardly ever works out. We've talked to really great people who are sincere about learning the gospel. I feel so blessed when we finally find someone like that. Each time is a miracle and a breath of fresh air. It feels like I've been out forever, but I really wouldn't have it any other way because I know I have been about my Father's business.

I'm so grateful for everyone who has made this possible. Especially my parents.

Thank you both Mom and Dad.

Love,

Elder Freeman