Monday, September 29, 2008

New Area

From Elder Andrushka Pearce Dated: Sept. 29, 2008

Dear Family

Noooo I changed area and now I am in Masay. I love this area but miss the old one. It’s called Nindiri. My companion has 6 months and his name is Elder Garza. He is a very good missionary. We went right down in planning what we are going to do for this branch. Yes, it’s my first branch and I hope and pray that I will have 6 months here.

We got to know the branch president. He is a returned missionary and knows what missionary work is like. We have to do a lot of work to win the confidence of all the members here. I think the missionaries have a not very good reputation.

It is a very beautiful department (area?). The weather is colder and drier. I am starting to get used to it.

I have got a feeling that in this area we are going to reach miracles. I have been thinking a lot how fast my mission has passed me by. This area I hope to arise to a new sense of urgency. Believe me when I say I do have it. One year more is not enough time. I want to bless as many lives as I can. I have become a little hard. Meaning I preach repentance but this week I have put a goal to teach with more love.

I think sometimes it’s hard to make all the difference with love but that is what makes all the difference. I have come to realize the work of Mom and Dad. That it was hard. I have been feeling lately how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family. I love you all. Thank you Dad and Mom for all that you do.

Oh, we also opened this area. It was closed. What a wonderful experience. This life is full of experiences. The only thing we do is choose what we do. Will we rise to the challenge or will we run and hide?

I love my Savior. I love this work. It is truly the Lords church.

To you all who can read these words, Love You!
Elder Pearce