Monday, August 18, 2008

Touched by the Spirit

From Elder Andrushka Dated: 08.18.08

Dear Family,

Yay! I can’t wait to get to know my new family members (He just found out about Amelia being born and Eliza being imminent).

The work goes on and it got more intensified as we dedicated to work harder here and in Leon.

This week we had an amazing baptism. His name is Guillermo. I remember the first time we talked to him. It was four months ago. He didn’t want to hear about baptism, letting us know that he was baptized and he didn’t see a reason to change. He is the husband of a lovely lady that is a really strong member and has wanted to go to the temple and to be sealed as a family for awhile now. We have come to learn that when the Spirit touches someone’s heart, they get ready to be baptized. As much as we spoke as much as we could do, without the Spirit, we could not have helped him.

The baptism was lovely as lots of members were present. This ward each Sunday looks stronger and stronger.

So this week at the end of the sacrament, the first counselor asked me if I could give the Gospel Doctrine class or the Book of Mormon class. I looked at the manual and I don’t know why I said yes, but I did. I was given 5 minutes to prepare for class. As I started thinking to myself “What am I going to teach?” The Spirit came to me and let me know what the lesson was about and what I should talk about and teach. As I stood in front of all, I started to tremble, thinking how am I going to teach in Spanish? So we sang a song and started off into the lesson. I know that the Spirit was present. The class was lovely and interesting. I know that Spirit helped me a lot.

I also learned that’s why we plan on our mission. I love the work and each progression. I hope this second part of my mission will be just as great or greater. I hope that I will learn all I need to help the kingdom of God here on Earth. Love the Savior and His work. Love being a representative of Him. Hope to be a better one. Thanks for your prayers!