Monday, August 18, 2008

Noche De Hermanamiento"

From Elder Andrushka Dated: August 8th, 08

Dear Mom, Dad and the family,

This week was an awesome week, with the ward, not so much with the investigators. The ward just seems to have come more together in the last 4 months that we were here. We started to do, “Noche De Hermanamiento”. It’s a gathering for everyone to learn the gospel Friday nights. We have come to form the ward together more. My comp and I have been switching off from area to area each week. It has energized the ward more. We are ever happy to be part of the work.

The other day I was driving back in a bus from on of these activities that we were in charge of. I thought to myself, “What an experience of my life to be in Nicaragua, to be speaking Spanish and to help this group of 24 feel the spirit, sing with them, and share their difficulties.” I thought, “How did I end up here?” and was ever excited to work harder in the Gospel to help more people.

It is very true out here there are many experiences to learn from Bishops. We have come to learn how each position in the church works. How truly inspired the organization of our Savior is. I know he leads this church. I have come to see the results each small part in the church has to do.


From the smallest assignment comes out the great life saving result. I have excitement to become better, to learn more. At times I get down thinking to myself how I wish I took life more seriously when I was younger, when I had all the time in the world. Instead of dibbling the ball outside for hours wishing being in the NBA. That I would have ready my scriptures, prayed more. Then I realize, I get up and do all that I can do.

I have come to realize how awesome my companion is. He supports me. All that I can’t do, he can. We have become a great team together and I have grown so much just this change. His name is Elder Flores. We have some activities coming up that we have planned out and are so excited.

The Munoz family have not yet made the choice. There are others that are just waiting for their answers to prayer.

I too can’t believe that I almost have a year on the mission. I did get the package. As I read Dan’s talk, tears streamed down my face and I had to walk outside so everyone wouldn’t see me crying.

I have come to be stronger on my mission. At times there is a lot of pressure to stand and talk to all. Through all the pressure I have come to know more who I am. What my Father in Heaven wants me to be. Stand up and be bold to this pressure.

As with my vitamins, I am great taking some almost every day now. Thank you mom for all the work you put into sending me this. Thanks Dad also for all that you do. Hope all is well at home. Seeing the photos of all the family together just missing me was sad. Don’t you worry. I love working in the Lord’s kingdom preparing for the second coming. Inviting all to partake of the atonement of Our Savior. I LOVE YOU ALL!