Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lehi's Dream

From, Elder Paul Freeman, dated August 20, 2008
[note: Paul's paternal grandfather died on Saturday, August 16, 2008, at the age of 94].


Dear Mom,

Your latest letter was very much appreciated. It was masterfully composed. I found it most uplifting and reassuring. I really enjoy hearing about everything that is going on.

I found out about Grandpa's death when I called President Sanchez on Monday to ask him about something unrelated. He told me he had news that Grandpa passed and that you wanted me to know. I appreciated it very much and thanked him. The thought didn't even cross my mind to grieve or feel sad, because I know the plan of salvation. That's how amazing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Grandpa was a good man and Grandma had been waiting, and it all makes the plan that much more real. I'm eternally thankful for the power and mercy of our Heavenly Father that allows families to be sealed for time and eternity. The last time did talk to Grandpa he said he wanted to try to make it to 100 yrs old. He came pretty dang close.

I also got excited to hear about Eric and Leanne's new arrival, even though I could have been spare a few details. :) And Adam and Ariane are finally moving in. I can't wait to see it all put together.

I'm also excited to hear about your efforts with Dallas and Lynda. I hardly know anything about want went on over the past year. But, I look forward to staying in contact more when I get I'm. I still haven't settle on what school I want to go to. I'll take a little time now to look at application deadlines for BYU.

Thanks again mom. I Love you.

Love,

Elder Freeman