Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Preparing for the Future

Elder Andrushka Pearce Dated 03/03/08

Dear Mom, Dad and everyone that I love,

Where to start this week. Well, I didn’t have changes. I have come to really love this area. It’s called R* P*. My ward has 800 members but 116 go every Sunday. The highest we got it up here is 137. That was after a week we worked really hard.

I have come to visit many people that are not active. I have come to realize what it means to really endure to the end. Also what is the importance to go to church each Sunday. We are starting to work with the ward missionaries to help them visit the families that are not active. We are teaching them Preach My Gospel, then having them go practice and teach the less active families.

The Martinez family made huge progress the week. We drew them a sign and a picture on it that said, “Respect the Day of the Lord”. This Sunday we passed by their house and they had it up, which means they closed their little shop down to keep the Sabbath day holy. My heart was filled with joy for them. I know they will be blessed. It’s a family of four. We are enjoying working with them.

Pedro and Gema are progressing slowly. We taught them Family Home Evening and they really like it.

This week I also realized the importance of preparing for the future, that we are the future of this church. I have come to realize a lot here what the members need and lack.

I love the church and have a strong and lasting testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ.

Dad, it sounds like work is picking up and doing great. Well, I would love to hear from the rest of the family! I love you all dearly!