Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bringing in the Sheaves

Elder Andrushka Pearce Dated 03/10/08

I hope all is well with Carissa. I would like news on all that is going on with her. Thanks. I will be praying for her.

What a week this has been. I will try to explain it to all of you. First to start out it was a week of miracles and exhaustion. Good to start out, all is well with our families. They are progressing really well. There are four in the M* family. This week they went to church and as a family prayed together. They closed their shop down and went in a room and as a family prayed together. The second thing they are both racing to read the Book of Mormon. We had to give them another Book of Mormon. They also started to live the Sabbath day with the poster they put on their door to close their shop. They have watched blessings enter into their lives. We will be marrying them this week and the 29th of March we have faith to baptize them.

The L* family, or Gema and Pedro are getting married also.

The one crazy thing that happened this week is I went on divisions with the zone leaders. We went to another area and I got to help out with a wedding and a baptism. It really helped me to get an idea of what I need to do.

We are also working with a family that we call Johan. She and her cousin will be getting baptized.

I have been here in this area for some time. This Sunday something amazing happened. We had divisions with my comp because we had to go for so many investigators. I went for 6 more or less. I went to the first house where they always say, “No I can’t. I’m not ready” That’s just what happened. The spirit helped me out to convince her to go. I couldn’t stay long, she said okay.

So I went to the next. I learned that this family was already on their way. Then we went to the next house and the person was not there but then we asked if she would like to go to church She said yes.. So we had to be running by this time to the next house. Church starts at 10 and it was 10:30 by now and so we wrote her directions and directed her to the bus.

Then we went to another family, asking them to wait in the street while we went for another. I got to church and all the investigators were there. It was a miracle that so many went. That all that said would go went. I was so thankful we had 12 investigators in church and 5 inactives.

What a week it was. I really learned that if you work hard and never give up you have success.

I taught in class from Proclamation to the World about the Savior. To be honest, I am tired this week and pray for more strength to help all the investigators to progress. I have come to learn so much in this area.

I love the Gospel with all my heart. I am worried about Carissa but I know that Heavenly Father will protect her.

I love you all and take care.

Elder Pearce