Monday, February 4, 2008

New Family

Email from Elder Andrey Pearce

Dear Family,

Mom and Dad all is well. I had some difficulties with the changing of the email addresses. I think I have figured it out. I sent a letter from last week and some pictures. Let me know If you get it.

Well this week was interesting. As time goes by I gain more experience and knowledge that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. I was very saddened for the loss of a great prophet. He is very dear in my heart. He has been a great example for me. I thought to myself, "As one great and honorable man leaves this world we need many more like him". I testify that he was a prophet of God. I can remember the many times that he gave a talk that I could feel a blaze of spirit just warm my soul.

We found a cutle little family here in Nicaragua. They are about 25-30 years old. Both study and married. You don't find many families like this. Our second visit with them they asked "What can we do to join your church?" We are very exited to work with them. We could just feel the Spirit strong. I know that we were guided to find their house.

My new companion is great he has taught me so much about missionary work. I finally feel like I am waking up from all that has been taking place in coming to a new country, learning a new language and all that comes with that. I hope to bless many peoples lives here in Nicaragua.

I am excited for the new Prophet Thomas S. Monson. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. I know that these times are hard and they're about to get harder. We have to stand as a light in this world to shine all the truth that we have.

I have been working with lots of less active members. Trying to help them understand the covenent that they have made with their Father in Heaven and endurung to the end. As I teach my vision becomes more open to my goal in life. I want to return with honor to the presence of my Heavenly Father.

I hope that all is well at home. I love you all. I don't have much time to write. I love the statement by Gordon B Hinckly ¨´It will work out´´ Do your best´´. I hope and pray to do my best every second.

Thank you for all your prayers and support.

Love Elder Pearce