Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Missionary Funtimes

From Elder Paul Freeman, dated February 6, 2008

Dear Mom,

It's been a pretty fun week. We just had a big group of missionaries finish and leave. My last companion Elder Ah Wong, the half Samoan from New Zealand, is still kickin around though. His mom came out and they're making visits and saying final goodbye's. Then, on Sunday they're flying halfway across the world to visit Jerusalem. It was kinda funny when he told me, because he didnt' sound too excited. It sounded like he really just wanted to go home. You see him in the last video clip. I asked him for his famous last words and he didn't have anything to say. It was pretty dang funny.

It's crazy to think about how long I've been out here in California. The work is going well and me and my companion figure I'll stay here in the Samoan ward for the 9 months I have left. I think that would be pretty cool. It might take that long for everyone we are teaching to get baptised, but that's another story.

Thanks for all the letters and prayers and everything. Ill get more out next time.

Love,
Elder Freeman