Monday, March 16, 2009

New Elder's Quorum President


From: Elder Andrushka Pearce Dated: March 16, 2009

Dear Family

This week first my companion got sick. With high fever and with other pain. Then i found myself sick. So this week was kind of a slow week not doing much. It seems that as we solve a challenge we have 3 more added upon but with more work more blessings.

We were thinking that this week we would have a really low attendance at church. From what happened last week. It was the same we are balancing about 50 normal. We have been focusing a lot on teaching about families and working on our priesthood.

What a look it was this week as our new Elders quorum President came with a white shirt and a tie to bless the sacrament. Not only him but he went visiting and helped the other priesthood come with a white shirts also. I am so thankful for his work it takes some weight off us and helps us focus on making our meetings a little better. We have been putting a lot of focus on our Melchizedek Priesthood and we have 4 and other 5 are preparing. In all we need 9 so we are doing well. We are hoping to teach them really well their duty.

I am so blessed to not have changes as i talked with President he told me are you willing to keep working hard i let him know i am. He has had his heart on this area for becoming a branch soon. We are working hard. WE will be working a lot harder this week.

The mission is great this week i had many opportunities to teach. I have come to love teaching people some times its hard but the more you teach the more you know how to have the spirit with you and not be working about so much what you say or be scared of teaching.

My companion gave a great talk this week about enduring to the end and that we should focus on the Our Savior Jesus Christ.

The other thing i have learned is that when we get something into our hearts its very hard to throw it away. That's why its really important what we put into our minds as it reaches deep in our hearts. I am thankful that i have love for the service of god deep in my heart. I am working hard to become a great force for the work of God.

The owner of the house told me that it is great that we are in the front line fighting with all our might the war of God. I know that the more we study the more we pray the more we pour ear and mind to the spirit of god the faster we reach the hearts of other people our brothers and sister. I am amazed by the vision of life of the servants of God like President Clark and President Fraatz. It opens my vision bigger and helps me to dream to be better and to reach that goal. Love the Lord I love his work. I love you all. Thanks mom and dad for writing to me.