Monday, August 4, 2008

The Church is True and Life is Crazy!

From Elder BJ Bernards, dated August 4, 2008

Dear Mom,

I don't want to put any undue stress on you but I really need garments. I heard that if you put what you really want in the beginning of the letter it shows how important it is.

Thank you for supporting me on my mission. It is going great! We are really working hard and feeling the Spirit guide us and inspire us every day and this district were leading is doing better than ever, and so is our area. We have been able to find two more families to teach as well as a couple individuals that are really neat, spiritual all, and we got to watch them teach themselves with the Spirit.

I am excited for the move thingy but sad too. Not sad like I'm gonna mope around all the time kinda sad, but the sad that it's the end of a beautiful phase kinda sad, like you wish a awesome day or time would never end but you've got to say goodbye I guess. I say goodbye, I committed my life into the hands of the Lord and just like He is preserving you and Dad and the family from day to day and even though I miss your goodness and all the changes that are happening I know that I will be fine. God has never ever ever let me down yet and I don't think he plans on doing so anytime soon. Life passes me by, and I will wave bye-bye with sweet gratitude for my Savior and this most compelling and mind-absorbing work of his. I leave my life and give my life so that others might achieve theirs, and in doing so I achieve mine. It's true that the more you sacrifice the more committed you are to it.

Can I get some pictures from you? I would want pictures of the house, the changes made to it inside and out, my bedroom please as well as the loft and pictures taken from the windows looking out at the vista of Alpine. Pictures of all the kids and you and Dad. That may be the only time I'll ever have to look from those places with those people ever again. Would you do that for me? Or assign someone else to do so? To tell you the truth and to be frank and honest with you, I feel like my requests get sucked down a black hole and never get back. I have to fight so hard in the short space I have to get what I need. I know my problems may not be as bad or as dire as some other people, but if I could get those things I would feel grateful to you and the family.

And I always do. You have given me the things that really get me through. The supplies that never run out and the nourishment that never ceases.

I really have to go.

Thanks, Please send me that stuff if possible?

Ben sent me some pics which was really awesome, I saw Kiki had a camera. Maybe Kiki can send me some too. Don't forget!

Love,

Elder Bernards