Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

From Elder Paul Freeman, dated June 30, 2008

Dear Mom,

Well, we finished off the first week in our new area. We really have been blessed. It started out when the assistants told us the traveling Elders would be comming to help us out in our area. Now, there are two elders assigned to travel from area to area finding new investigators. So for 3 day[s] all four of us worked together in our new area. Now we've got solid appointments for the next week and a half. One of the elders is a good friend of mine who lived in the same apartment when I was in the Samoan ward. The other is a very good missionary and I learned a lot from him.

Elder Lestarge, my regular companion, is really taking to the work. He's keeping up every step of the way. We've got 3 baptisms set up for the 9th. We've got a whole lot to look forward to.

As for other things, I have no idea what address our apartment is, but the mission address is 8280 Utica Ave Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730. And I had no idea about any earthquake. We're too busy to worry about things like that. But, thanks for keeping me in mind.

But, I'm having a hard time focusing. This library is pretty noisey. But, thank you so much for the extra money. I may really end up needing it today, depending on when they top off our MSF. Thanks again for your love and letters.

Love,

Elder freeman