Monday, July 14, 2008

Great News! Family Baptism

From Elder Andrushka Sent: July 7th 2008

Well, great news!

The family that was watching TV got baptized this week. It was sad because my comp got transferred right as they decided to get baptized. It was one of the best learning experiences. I hope all my baptisms are like this. I have never felt such a strong spirit in the baptism. I knew they had the desire to be clean and a new formed family. They did everything we taught them.

Going into the baptism they were fasting. I have come to care for this family a lot. The mom got the call to be the first counselor in the Relief Society. They are an amazing family with great faith. What a great opportunity I have to be the instrument in my Father’s hands to bring them the great news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I have a new comp. He has been on his mission for 20 months. It is weird going from teaching all of the sudden to learning. I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I am so grateful to be on my mission. I love every single one of you and hope that you will have fun on the trip.

Love you Mom & Dad.