Monday, January 7, 2008

Gathering His Sheep

From: Elder Andrushka January 07, 2008

This week has been great. It all started out with a great zone conference where we got the desire to work harder. Then we got back to our house and planned out to work a lot harder. We found 28 new people to teach and set 20 new baptismal dates. This means that we have a lot of work to do.

We have changes coming up. Elder Flores is getting transferred. It’s sad and scary at the same time. I have found out that here you can’t get too comfortable. The Lord wants you growing and changing. So I will have a lot more responsibility. We’ll see what will happen.

The highlight of this week was, on Sunday we got up because we had 28 people to visit before church to make sure they go. So we got up and went out the door. Our church starts at 2 so we had to visit all the people before 2. This was something new that we were trying this week. It is really hard to get people to go to church here. They will promise you to go but when the time comes they won’t go. Part of this plan was to visit each family and teach about the Sabbath day, five minutes each person. Then after we ate we went on splits with members of the church. I went to one side of the area to get all the people and Elder Flores went to the other side. I had 11 people. 3 families walking across the town with me. I felt so thankful to my Heavenly Father for helping us find these families. It was one experience that touched my heart. We are working hard with these families.

I have gotten a stronger desire to learn Spanish better to carry out the work the way my Heavenly Father wants me to. I love this work. I love the spirit that I can feel. I love all the experiences that help me rise and become a better instrument of the Lord. I have come to realize the Spirit is the key to everything. If you don’t have the Spirit you can not carry out the work. If you don’t have the Spirit you can not receive revelations. Our whole lives are about learning. The sooner we learn how the Spirit works the more we can progress to start understanding the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As in most things in life, if you want to learn something you need to put your heart into it. My heart is in the missionary work.

The time is just flying out here. I love you all!!! I hope all is well at home. I don’t hear much. Just from Mom and little bit from Dad.

I bare my testimony of the reality of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I want you all to know that I have a firm testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ.

Elder Pearce