Thursday, April 16, 2009

Strong New Leaders; Thoughts on Carissa and a Bit Trunky




From: Elder Andrushka Pearce Dated: 04.13.09

Dear family

The letters rushed a sense of memories from last year about a lot that really has happened. It strengthens me to know that i passed those moments and that the gospel of Jesus Christ made me feel at ease with it. I love Carissa and know that i will see her one day. In the celestial kingdom.

Well as always there is a lot that happens. This week we had our first meeting in the new house. It was a little rough with the little room that we had and not much air that passed through. So for next week we will have to see how to over come this challenge.

We baptized three. A son of our convert that turned 8 years. Fransisco who we found thinking he is member but he wasn't. we set a goal and he reached all his goals. It reminds me when we came to do an interview for him with our leaders we found him studying on the table he had the book of Mormon the pamphlet we left him a dictionary of theory and a bible. He worked hard to reach his goals filling out the pamphlets that we would leave with him. He has 51 years. Another great leader one day.

Also we had a great joy helping a father of a family that we have been working for time to reach his goal. He left drinking coffee and maybe not because he understood but because he knew it was necessary. He is another prospect of a leader. I am so happy for this area because really the Lord has blessed this area. We also had a pool party as we didn't enter the pool but our quorum of Elders made sure we would be drenched without entering water. I will try to send some pictures about it.

Then after the pool party with surprise visit of president Fraatz and His assistant that gave as notice of two minutes came by to see the house that we have rented and gave as a interview personal. He was very happy for the work that we have been doing here. He gave me lots of great council. I have come to have lots of respect for President Fraatz and what he has done for this mission. He is a very big example for me in my life to be firm and to bring the spirit to do the work of the Lord just like he would like us. If we make mistakes we repent and do the best we can. My stress is coming down and i am feeling greater because lots of my stress is coming to resolve. Pres told me this is His work and to have confidence in Him that he will help and that its not all on me.

I love the experience that i have had here. How i love this area and all the people here. Sunday we had a meeting with the elders we were all together 8 we studied the history of The Prophet Joseph Smith and the history of the church. It was a great 2 hour meeting and then they wanted to make a plan to visit the members and work to return the lost members back to church. I think the spirit touched their hearts and the joy to move forward and work hard in this work. So we were there tell 6:30 talking and planning i could see the future and was happy for this ward. They have grown so much in little time.

President in my interview asked me and what would you like to do. I meditated for 2 minutes and told him i would love to keep going in this area. I hope that i could stay here for the next change i will let you know in a week and a half how it went. I know that there is a lot of pressure but i love it here and know that i am progressing and He is blessing me to learn and gain a stronger testimony.

I love you all I can't believe how fast the time is going by. I Can't believe that Mike got home. It made me really trunky thinking when i will get home. Ooooh in half a year. Be strong and true the Gospel of Our Savior Jesus Christ. Elder Pearce