Monday, February 23, 2009

Re: 2.23.09

The latest from Elder Courtright.

Enjoy.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Matthew Courtright  wrote:
Well, i wish i could say that i had the most productive week ever, but unfortunately, i cant. Elder Walker, one of my companions, was sick from wednesday until saturday and he still isnt perfect. He was really tired, week, dizzy and light headed. The best part though is that he was delusional. He was out his mind crazy. What did Elder Paull and I do to pass the time? We played Texas Hold 'Em for push ups, sit ups, lunges, jumping jacks, etc. I worked out alot this week and it felt good. I did over 300 push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks, in 1 day. Good stuff. I definately enjoyed being sore for the days to follow.
ON sunday we have 2 people getting baptized. Mark Minigell who we have been waiting for like a month to baptize and Jerry Bennett who just last week stopped smoking after smoking for 60 years. Thats right, she's ancient. We are super excited for both of them.
Working in 2 wards, having a 3-some, and having a sick companion definately hasnt been the best thing of my life, but next monday all that changes. We are anxious for saturday night to see what is gonna happen. There is definately gonna be a huge shake up for us. One of our zone leaders goes home, some of the missionaries in Cheyenne have been here for 8 months or more, and then there are the 3 of us. Anything could happen. Literally. But mostly i am worried about making it through the next week. It could definately be a long week. Dont really feel the need to explain it though.
Well, sadly thats all i got for y'all. I gave a talk on sunday in one of the wards and talked about going to Vidor, Tx after hurricane Rita. I said some things that only someone who lived or had been to Vidor would know that i was insulting Vidor. I assumed no one in the ward knew where Vidor was. I was definately wrong. A guy came up to me and asked me how i liked Vidor. He said that his sister just moved from there after living there for like 25 years. I laughed, but he agreed, once you go to Vidor, you can never leave. :) and you marry your cousin....

That's all folks
--Elder Matt Courtright




--
Penny Freeman
Gratitude is the essence of joy.